No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard Coasters? Any info?  (Read 3307 times)

Offline bigdog

• Members
Holmegaard Coasters? Any info?
« on: August 15, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »
I just purchased 5 of these two with original stickers.  3 blue and two smoke.  Only one of them has the etching in the center like this one.  The stickers say Holmegaard by appointment to His Majesty King of Denmark Made in Denmark.  They are 5 3/8" x 4 7/8".  First of all, are they coasters or should they have cups with them?  Second, who designed them?  And last when were they made?

TIA, Bryan

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/brywil1970/Dscf0572.jpg
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/brywil1970/Dscf0573.jpg

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Holmegaard Coasters? Any info?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »
Hi Bryan, hopefully Nic (Pinkspoons) will be along soon to give you the info but, in the meantime, have a look at his brilliant Holmegaard Resource site - there's label information on there - click the link http://www.holmegaardresource.com/labels_labels.html

All I know with any certainty is that the etched design in the centre is Langelinie - the little mermaid statue on the rock in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Offline bigdog

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 12:57:50 PM »
What a great site?  I guess that it dates my pieces from the 50's to 65

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 04:30:32 PM »
It's an ashtray - I have four (sans etching) in their original boxes. Designed by Per Lutken, catalogue number 22 26 12. The year of design *should* be c.1962/63, but this is based on hunch more than facts.

Offline bigdog

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:13:41 PM »
Wow, I would have never guessed an ashtray.  Mine are a little different than yours, just in the fact that they don't have the made in Denmark impressed on them.

Thank you

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »
That's not too unusual - I have one or two pressed Holmegaard pieces, some with and some without the impressed mark.

Anyway, glad I could be of some help.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand