No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Perthshire book  (Read 2505 times)

Offline karelm

• Members
Perthshire book
« on: July 23, 2007, 02:44:52 PM »
Hi,
I have "The art of the paperweight: Perthshire" by Selman and "The complete guide to Perthshire Paperweights" by Mahoney and McClanahan.  The first is good and the second is vital if you are keen on Perthshire weights.
But these cover up to 1983 and 1996 respectively.  Is there any book or resource that cover the remaining couple of years of Perthshire?
Thanks
KarelM
Karel
"Holy cows make the best steaks"

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Derek

• Members
Re: Perthshire book
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 07:29:38 PM »
Hi KarelM

Re Perthshire info - there is no book covering the remaining years of Perthshire - although I did hear rumours that McClanaham and Mahoney were working on a revised edition of their Perthshire book to include the missing information.

In the meantime the only source of information that I am aware of are the Perthshire brochures which were issued twice a year - one issued at the beginning of the year and another called the mid-year collection.

These come up on E-bay from time to time.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Derek

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 07:53:29 PM »
I still have quite a few to add to Scotland's Glass but it will not be comprehensive as I don't have the last catalogues.

Offline daveweight

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 06:13:46 PM »
I have these catalogues Frank and could try to scan them sometime - whiihc years are you missing ?
Dave

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »
Hi Dave.

I list the material used and in hand on the category header:
http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=184&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=51

The last in hand is Mid-2001 but there are a lot of gaps. I also have a lot of PP photos to process but always prefer to catalogues before images.

I would be happy to do the last years with priority in order to fill the gap until the new book comes out.

All scans 300dpi please.

Offline karelm

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 08:21:19 AM »
Re Perthshire info - there is no book covering the remaining years of Perthshire - although I did hear rumours that McClanaham and Mahoney were working on a revised edition of their Perthshire book to include the missing information."snip"
Thanks Derek,
I have emailed Colin Mahoney and he has let me know that the update is almost finished.  Not clear if it will also be availible as an add-on to the current book or if we'll have to go ahead and buy the whole book again?
It would be great to have access to the brochures through Franks' site!
Kind regards,
KarelM
Karel

Offline karelm

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 08:47:45 AM »
Hi,
I have just had a second email from Colin Mahoney confirming that this will be a second unique book.  It will cover from where the first book ends (about 1997) until the close of the factory.
Kind regards,
Karel

Offline Derek

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 06:54:47 PM »
Hi Karel

If the rumours I hear are fact, then it will be well worth buying the new book - not only will it have the remaining years included but extras like a complete listing of all the know large picture canes - currently believed to be around 250.

Regards

Derek

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand