No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Small blue signed knobbly vase - ID = First Glass (Bob Crooks)  (Read 4947 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Small blue signed knobbly vase - ID help please
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 08:42:01 PM »
So I wasn't so far out then with Hirst or Fisk... I just got the initials the wrong way round... I should have said First or Hisk!   >:D >:D >:D   

What fabulous glass Bob Crooks does. <drool>
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 10:32:37 PM »
So I wasn't so far out then with Hirst or Fisk... I just got the initials the wrong way round... I should have said First or Hisk!   >:D >:D >:D   

What fabulous glass Bob Crooks does. <drool>

Yes you were close Anne!  Isn't his stuff glorious?  I looked around on the net to see how much they cost since I've been wanting to find some modern stuff I could collect for the future, things I could pass onto my daughter, and I could definitely live with some of these pieces.  I'd better start saving.

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 12:15:27 AM »
I'm madly in love with all the floral bowls. Oh my God, they are GORGEOUS!  :o

Carolyn

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 05:51:48 AM »
Well, this bit finished recently on Ebay reserve not met.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 02:37:05 PM »
hmmmm not one of their better pieces that one Taylog - or it might be the photograph, I'm finding it difficult understanding what they mean about the threading at the top.  Anyway, it's interesting to see that this fella's work does come up for sale on eBay and perhaps that's the way for me to get a piece (I definitely can't afford the showroom prices sadly!).

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 12:26:05 AM »
Anyway, it's interesting to see that this fella's work does come up for sale on eBay and perhaps that's the way for me to get a piece (I definitely can't afford the showroom prices sadly!).

Where did you find the prices? Or is it a matter of "if you have to ask, you can't afford"  :D

Not thrilled with the one on ebay, but maybe I should do a search and see if I can pick up a bargoon.  >:D

Carolyn

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »
Carolyn, I did a search for galleries on the net until I found some of his pieces for sale - the flower bowls and vases (I particularly like the tall psychedelic ones) seem to range from around £450 up to £1,750 :-(

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
http://www.caa.org.uk/ is where you are likely a good selection of his work
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 11:42:24 PM »
Carolyn, I did a search for galleries on the net until I found some of his pieces for sale - the flower bowls and vases (I particularly like the tall psychedelic ones) seem to range from around £450 up to £1,750 :-(

Silly me, I was looking at the original site we were referred to. Those prices are sooooo way out of my budget.  :'(

Carolyn

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 10:59:25 AM »
Me too - I simply don't have that sort of money to spend on non-stock keepy stuff.  However, I'm sure there are plenty of other modern glass-artists that might be more within reach financially - Adam A for one  ;)!  I've decided to look a bit closer to home for a modern piece instead. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand