No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Peacock Paperweight  (Read 1592 times)

Offline karelm

• Members
Peacock Paperweight
« on: July 30, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
Can you tell us anything about the maker and date of the peacock paperweight? I have a rather nice one of those but no history with it.
Angela asked this in the market place and I thought I would bring it here as I am also intrested!
As far as I am lead to believe these were originaly made in Murano, havent got an idea by whom, but later where heavily copied by the chinese.  My understaning is that technically it is a rather simple weight to make (aa or one of the other technical experts might care to comment).
Sadly looking at the base of mine (smooth ground, but irrecular outer edge, and not polished) it is most likely chinese.
Kind regards,

PS: I have three of these.  I am selling two (the yellow one and a red one to be listed later) and another yellow that ends up with the "other paperweight/millefiori" things (pendants, botlle opener, door knob, finger hood etc)
Karel
"Holy cows make the best steaks"

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand