No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Maker please..Tall, sommerso ? teardrop vase with Erica Sweden sticker  (Read 2173 times)

Offline selina

• Members
Hi,

This green vase stands 12 3/4 inches high. Only mark is Erica, Sweden, which I vaguely remember is actually an importer, not a maker.

Ive seen a few of these style of vases and originally thought they were all Murano, but now realise there are a few other makers of the same style.

Im thinking of listing this one, and as my last piece of glass listed was removed for keyword spamming..I had 2 makers listed with question marks because I didnt know who was the maker... I want to be at least 90% sure on this one..hehe.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-8070 vase
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-8069 base
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-8068 top

Trudy
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Hi Trudy,

You're right as far as Erica is concerned - there was an importer in Australia who sold of all sorts of glassware and pottery under the label Erica, which had a deco springbok motif. I've seen the label on Murano, Aseda, Japanese pottery, all sorts of things.

Your vase is Aseda - someone else will be able to tell you more!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline selina

• Members
Thanks Cathy :)

Id hate to put up another Murano listing..lol. Not that I have, but there is so much 'Murano" around these days.

Trudy
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Seriously not Murano, anyway, Trudy :) I'm pretty sure it's Aseda Glasbruk, from Sweden, but I can't remember the pattern name.

Offline selina

• Members
Cathy,

Another hint I think is the Erica label. The last one id'd Im sure was an Italian item. The label was Erica Italy. This one is Erica, Sweden. They may have had a label for each country they imported from?

Trudy
Trudy

Offline Quackers

• Members
    • www.plantpref.co.uk
There is a very similar one on page 128 of Fire & Sea but that has an irregular rim :-\  It is attributed to Bo Borgstrom for Aseda in 1960s in Moss Green.  Don't know if that helps but your looks "right" ;)
Tim

I started with Carnival glass, then other C20 irridescent, then Whitefriars ducks, then Dartington FT Daisies etc, then Whitefriars Tricorns...when will it end?

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
I agree with Tim, Bo Borgstrom for Aseda (Sweden) - as well as the rounded bases these also come with a square base and with flower shaped flared rims.

Offline selina

• Members
Re: Maker please..Tall, sommerso ? teardrop vase with Erica Sweden sticker
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 02:07:19 AM »
There is a very similar one on page 128 of Fire & Sea but that has an irregular rim :-\  It is attributed to Bo Borgstrom for Aseda in 1960s in Moss Green.  Don't know if that helps but your looks "right" ;)

Tim, it does have an irregular rim. :) So that helps confirm it for me. You couldnt really see that in my pic.

Thanks everyone. :)

Trudy
Trudy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand