No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Four pieces that have me stumped  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
Four pieces that have me stumped
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:33:51 AM »
Vase number one weighs approximately 8 pounds, is unmarked, but looks to me like it might be Scandinavian.
The second item is an unmarked multi colored bowl - possibly Polish or middle European?  Item number three looks Italian to me.  the fourth and last unmarked piece again looks Scandinavian.

Any suggestions as to manufacturers or countries of origin will be greatly appreciated.  Clicking on the photo should take the viewer to an album containing all the pictures, if it does not, I will try to correct it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Daniels_Glass_Items

• Members
Re: Four pieces that have me stumped
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »
Green on the top blue in the base could it be a Chibska??

Loverly vase btw. :o

Dan

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:28:05 PM »
Paul - I did have a look at your link but it was slow loading and confused me - I could only see photos of the little green vase anyway.  It would probably be best if you could make 4 separate postings - 1 for each vase - and add separate links in your postings which lead directly to each image (hosted on the boards Glass Queries Gallery or a Photobucket sort of thing).

Cheers!

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:49:33 PM »
Pip:  Sorry for the confusion.  My new computer runs on Vista, and it took me a full three hours just to download the pictures and move them to my webshot site.  (In Vista, nothing works like it did in XP and very little of my old software will work at all.)  Be that as it may, I will try something different.  If this works, clicking on a thumbnail will take the viewer directly to an enlargement of that object.  At that point, clicking on "Next" in the upper right hand corner, will take the viewer to several additional pictures of that object.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:28:57 PM »
The first green one looks to be a chibska, the last two look like whitefriars, I know its a pain in the butt (pardon the pun) but you could always check www.whitefriars.com and go through the catalogues it takes a pretty long time to browse the entire whitefirairs range, but could be to your advantage as im pretty sure the last two look like whitefriars. I'm pretty sure i've seen that jug shape before in there range...

I'm not an expert so please dont take my word as gospel, if I am wrong and anyone who knows what they are, please feel free to post a reply and berate me for my stupidity.  ;D

But we all know what makes an expert, X is an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under pressure.. Nuff Said!

P.S: I have no idea about the orange one, does it have a pontil mark, could be a modern piece... Orange isnt really my color.. yuk! Can I say if it was mine I would hurl it out the window on here?? I would, seriously, I hate bright Orange! Eughh! Repugnant color!! Sorry to all you people who collect bright orange, but hey, that's just not a bit of me, aubergine, yes, cranberry, yeap, Cobalt blue and Ruby red.. but bright vibrant orange... NAH! *SMASH* >:D LOL

If it was clear orange.. almost amber in color I would re-consider but that.... euygh.. Yuk.. not me!

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 10:29:52 PM »
Dont hate me it just my humble opinion!

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 05:09:29 AM »
Max <~hands Daniel an orange vase just to see his reaction..  ;)

Your elegant brown jug looks fairly generic Italian to me Paul.  :) 
I am not a man

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 08:46:22 AM »
dan <~eats it and trys to look innocent as he crunches away ::)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 06:31:42 PM »
Don't apologise for not liking orange - I love it and it means there's more for me  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand