No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Italian or Gullaskruf?  (Read 3871 times)

Connie

Italian or Gullaskruf?
« on: June 12, 2005, 10:51:21 PM »
I bought this set of glasses last weekend.  They are green swirl optic bowls with smoke colored blown stem and foot.  When I bought them, I was thinking Italian but I found some similar identified as Gullaskruf.

Whole Sherbet/Champagne

Closeup of narrow swirl optic pattern

Stem

How stem attaches to bowl

I saw a very similar sherbet identified as Gullaskruf on this site on Wed or Thurs when I was doing research.  I'll be  darn if it isn't there any longer

Edtied to add:

Here is grayish blue one but I swear earlier they had a green and smoke sherbet.
 :shock:

Any clue who made them?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
Italian or Gullaskruf?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 06:22:57 AM »
Page 81 of Pina's Smoke & Ice shows a blue-gray decanter in this swirling thin ribbed style. So, that supports the online attributions you have found and shows that Gullasruf did do this style of glass.
The precision of the workmanship and the smoke stems and feet of your pieces Connie would tend to suggest Scandi to me. However more hard evidence and/ or more specialized opinion than I can offer, is needed to put this one to bed.
Pete

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Connie

Italian or Gullaskruf?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 08:59:47 AM »
Bumping this up because I received an e-mail from a Gullaskruf collector who informs me that these are not Gullaskruf. His information comes from former workers at the Gullaskrufs glassworks.

He suggested possibly Hovmatorp or Afors.  I will explore those avenues.

I have invited him to participate here in the discussion.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Raoul Karlsson

• Members
    • http://www.gullaskruv.se
Italian or Gullaskruf?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 03:35:56 PM »
Thank You grayhorse.
Here is a picture of what Gullaskruf glassworks actually did. The designer was Lennart Andersson married to the founders doughter Marianne Stenberg-Andersson, who is still alive and kickinĀ“.  They pattern was called "Snoddas".

Mod: replacement pic requested 12.12.08
Collector of Gullaskruf.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand