No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this small blue small vase Sklo Union?  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Deb of Oz

• Members
Is this small blue small vase Sklo Union?
« on: August 14, 2007, 08:57:06 AM »
Hi Everyone
I have already discussed this vase with Marcus, because it's a blue version of the ones featured on his site illustrating the differences that occur during manufacturing - sklounion.com/SkloUnion/SkloID.html and scroll down to the bottom.
They are samples of pressed glass with no clear attribution. He said there's a lot of them and they turn up everywhere.

However when my little vase - it is 80mm tall and a 'warm' blue - arrived, it had a clearly legible label.
I have put the photos here -
www.flickr.com/photos/59481749@N00/1113613744/.

When I washed it, the label began sliding straight off, so I wondered if it belongs to the vase?
And is it a 'Sklo label' please?

thanks
Deb

PS when I spell checked this, the suggested alternative to 'sklounion' was 'Klingon' - the LAST sentients I'd consider inviting to a 'glass party'.  :D

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Is this small blue small vase Sklo Union?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:52:56 AM »
Hi Deb, yes the label's fine - it's a generic 'Bohemia Glass - Made in Czechoslovakia' label - I have the same one on a couple of my Sklo Union pieces.

Sklounion

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:40:55 AM »
Hi,
As Pip says, generic Bohemia label. This is a difficult, item to place, and I am now trying to definitively attribute this vase, as it has been suggested that it could have come from Jablonec Desna.

I used these to illustrate differences in pressing and plunger types.

Please bear with me, as I am  extremely busy at the moment, but hopefully I may have a complete answer in the next week or so.

Regards,

Marcus

Offline Deb of Oz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 11:26:52 PM »
Thanks Pip. I am pleased it isn't a rogue label.

Oh Marcus! I am so sorry to have increased your workload. It wasn't my intention. There is no time limit - whenever.

When I asked the seller about the label, they replied it said 'Made in Czechoslovakia', and they couldn't get a shot of it. (It took me a quite a while, too - WITHOUT a zoom lense and WITH it's glitter & my multifocal glasses - in the end, totally accidental.)

I thought the label might tell us something - even if it was only 'this label belongs to something else'.

However it is quite exciting to perhaps contribute to an attribution. It will be my first one!!

Deb

Sklounion

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 02:33:00 AM »
Hi Deb,

I am so sorry to have increased your workload. It wasn't my intention.
You have not, and I know you did not intend.

Blame the  mad so and so, that managed to buy 18lbs of images, photos, negatives, slides, catalogues, in one fell swoop. ;D " An archivist's dream come true".................... (tho I wish I had saved the 50 kgs pf paperwork that was shredded three years ago) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It will take, perhaps, months to upload, to SU dot com, but I had the good fortune to purchase an entire collection of glass images from a former Czech glass export company.

However it is quite exciting to perhaps contribute to an attribution. It will be my first one!!

nice buzz tho', you must enjoy, it gets better........... every time.... and it is addictive ;D.

Regards,

Marcus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand