Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Nanny Still?

(1/2) > >>

Della:

Hi All,
I have just spotted this vase on ebay, which is signed Nanny Still. I have always seen these chimney vases attributed to Aimo Okkolin and can't find it referenced to Nanny Still in any of the books that I have. I have 3 of theses vases, none of which are signed.  :-\
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  :angel:

Max:

I don't think any of these are usually signed are they?  I've never seen one before, which makes me think 'Hmmmm'.  You're right that at least one of the Millers Guides has this style down as Okkolin.  The 'lasi oy' on the vase bit looks similar to the regular style of engraved mark though.  A definite 'Hmmmm'!

Pip:
Della I now have 6 of these vases and not one is signed - I've never seen any of these signed before and, without casting any aspersions whatsoever, I'd say that signature looks a bit clumpy and dremel-like.  I was also under the impression (gleaned from several reputable reference sources) that these were the design of Aimo Okkolin - hmmm indeed!

palo400:
I never seen one of these signed before and it the wrong designer.Looks like someone's been a bit naughty.

Della:

Sorry for the delay, not enough hours in the day!

Thank you for all your replies.  ;D At least I know that I am not paranoid, or going crazy  :chky:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version