No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Peach frosted bowl with fish - ID = August Walther & Sohne "Fische" pattern  (Read 5465 times)

Offline deco.queen

• Members
    • Marvelous Metal
Maybe you know who made this bowl.  It came with the nude chrome holder.  Thank you!!
Janice, Deco Queen
"The Fabulous World of Farberware" available at Amazon

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Peach frosted bowl with fish
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:10:40 PM »
August Walther & Sohne, later VEB Sachsenglas, 'Fische' pattern. It is often seen as a set with the 'Arabella' figure. You should be able to find it on Pamela's site here: http://pressglas-pavillon.de/

Offline deco.queen

• Members
    • Marvelous Metal
Thank you so much!  I have been to that wonderful site a hundred times and never noticed it!  I couldn't see the fish, I guess because I was entranced by the figurines.  She has some WONDERFUL glass!!  I would love to see it in person.  Thanks again!

Janice
Janice, Deco Queen

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Love the chrome holder, not seen that before. Pamela loves to have visitors if you are ever in Hamburg. Have a look at the video clip on her site. It's in German but well worth watching

Offline deco.queen

• Members
    • Marvelous Metal
I have watched it!   I hope some day I do get to go there.
Janice, Deco Queen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand