No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: BAGLEY? Green glass wall pocket  (Read 2038 times)

Offline furrymischief

• Members
BAGLEY? Green glass wall pocket
« on: August 20, 2007, 04:23:17 PM »

Hi,

I've assumed this is a Bagley wall pocket (vase) but when I checked through  my Bagley book I couldn't actually see it.  This could be galloping senility :mus:.  Can anyone point it out to me or tell me what it is, exactly?  It is the absolutely typical pale matt green of Bagley glass, unmarked & without uranium.  Height 5.5", width at top about 4".

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: BAGLEY? Green glass wall pocket
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 07:37:35 PM »
What's the hanger like, is it just a hole? How tall is it, 7 inches? If so it may be a variant of pattern 3193 as seen in Pottery Gazette and Glass Trade Review July 1958 and shown in Bagley Glass, Bowey and Parsons p 145

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline furrymischief

• Members
Re: BAGLEY? Green glass wall pocket
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »
Yes, I see what you mean now I've looked at the page.  There is a simple drilled hole in the centre of the back & it's 5.5" high.  The hole is not on a tab, however, but in the straight centre of the back.  It looks slimmer than the one shown & is straight sided (like some of the other Bagley wall vases illustrated) but the actual pattern looks very similar to the one you point out.  Thank you for your help!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand