No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: UK - Peter Layton - Glass Sellers Prize 2007  (Read 4899 times)

Offline lesley7

• Members
  • Professional glass engraver since 1984
    • engraved glass
    • UK
    • Lesley Pyke - Glass Engraver
UK - Peter Layton - Glass Sellers Prize 2007
« on: August 23, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »
If there is no wind.....ROW.
http://www.lesleypyke.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline lesley7

• Members
    • engraved glass
    • UK
Re: Peter Layton - Glass Sellers Prize 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »
I have just got back to my workshop after 2 nights in London. Yesterday morning all the finalists had to present their work to the judges. We were called in one at a time, gulp, but all went well. The exhibition opened last night with Private Viewing where there were many guests and a fantastic array of snacks and champagne. The winners were announced and although I didn't win the award (will try again next year  ;) ), I learnt a great deal and was delighted to have sold one of my pieces during the evening. This will stay on exhibition alongside my main piece and one other I have there for the duration. My congratulations to Katharine Coleman :hiclp: who won the Engraving award. All the other glass work there was so different, amazing in fact. The other winners works were out of this world! :hiclp:

This exhibition is worth a visit!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 02:20:02 PM »
Oh Lesley, commiserations on not winning but many many congratulations on being one of the finalists and selling a piece too, and wishing you lots of luck for next year.  :clap: It sounds like it was a very worthwhile and positive experience (and you got food and champagne too - super!)  8)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline lesley7

• Members
    • engraved glass
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 05:40:21 PM »
Thanks Anne, it is all part of growing up  :D  :chky: I have grown and learnt so much.

Got this for everyone to note:

ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS

The Glass Sellers Prize and Exhibition 2007

12th September – 19th October 2007, Monday-Friday, 10am -5pm

The Glass Sellers Prize 2007 is an annual prize, which this year has been awarded to Richard Jackson for Triune IV, a courageous and dynamic sculpture in cast glass.

The Glass Sellers Prize for Engraving went to Katharine Coleman for her masterpiece, City Blocks Vase, and the Glass Sellers Student award was given to Ramon Beaskoetxea Sans for Bullfighting, a large installation and a powerful indictment of his country’s cruel sport.

A runners-up prize in the student category was awarded to Hang-Sheun Yeung for her charming, delicate Fish’s Tale.

The exhibition takes place through September to 19th October 2007 at The Glass Art Gallery, London, and includes an exciting array of works by all those shortlisted, as well as past winners. The work covers a broad range of techniques and styles and the majority of pieces on show are for sale.

Other exhibiting artists are: Scott Chaseling (highly commended), James Denison-Pender, Shelley Doolan, Carrie Fertig, June Kingsbury, Gayle Matthias (highly commended), Lesley Pyke, Marie Retpen, Steven Reveley, Bruno Romanelli, Peter Russell, Norma Sales, Tracey Sheppard, Nancy Sutcliffe, and Ruby Woo as well as 2006 Winners, June Kingsbury, Tracey Nicholls, Colin Reid and Jessica Townsend.

The Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers of London is a Livery Company established in 1664, which actively promotes the use of glass in art, science and technology, and supports education and training in these areas.

For further information and images please contact

Sylvie Marks, Studio manager

London Glassblowing and Glass Art Gallery

7 The Leathermarket, Weston Street, London SE1 3ER

Tel: 0207 403 2800, Fax: 0207 403 7778

Email: info@londonglassblowing.co.uk

Web: www.londonglassblowing.co.uk

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia