No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please identify this latticino vase  (Read 1384 times)

Offline sirenbrian

• Members
Please identify this latticino vase
« on: August 24, 2007, 12:09:18 AM »
Hello,
I'm new to the world of glass collecting and recently bought this 9 inch vase at an auction. It had no markings or signatures I could recognize so I listed it for the amount I paid and waited. Just a few minutes after listing I received an email from someone offering me 4 times my start price and he said he'd go higher if I "named my price" !! Wow, that was pretty exciting, but I'm determined to find out more about this piece before I let it go....I also want to get a good and fair price for it.

It looks like Venini or Zanfirico, but of course I could be wrong - any help is appreciated.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Please identify this latticino vase
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:41:49 AM »
It is a Barovier & Toso zanfirico vase. The 12 1/4" vases have a book value of $1000-1200. The 9 3/4" vases go for $600-900. It isn't a given, however. One of my smaller vases in white recently went for less than $100 -- ouch! The vase is on page 36 of Pina's Italian Glass Century 20. Your blue is the favored color.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline sirenbrian

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 02:22:21 AM »
Happy happy joy joy  ;D

Anita, thank you so much, this is great news.  Auction season is coming up down here in Florida and I may try my luck with this piece.  Good luck in your searches too.

By the way, the amount I paid for this vase? $9 :)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 03:09:18 AM »
$9!!  :hiclp: Be sure to have the auctioneer set a good reserve so you want have the unhappy look that I did when mine sold for so little -- $80, if I remember right. (Really, I got mine for less than I sold it for, so it was okay and the vase went to a collector.)

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand