No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Thomas Kidd - Cats and Dogs  (Read 2342 times)

Offline neilh

• Members
Thomas Kidd - Cats and Dogs
« on: April 10, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »
In one of their adverts, Thomas Kidd were said to make glass models of animals, in particular, cats, dogs, fish, swans. I believe the Thomas Kidd cat is fairly well known, I have seen examples in blue and black.

Not too long ago I spotted a black dog model on eBay which looked a good candidate for the Thomas Kidd dog. Today a fellow researcher sent in a photo of the same dog model asking whether it was by Thomas Kidd. He'd bought the dog in the Manchester area, which ups the chances of it being a Manchester piece, quite a lot of factory glass was sold locally I believe.

Anyways if you see it side by side with the cat, it does indeed look like it came from the same Thomas Kidd glassworks.

Has anybody ever seen something which could be the Thomas Kidd swan or fish? It may be in black if these two are anything to go by.

(dog photo by David Willars)

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • Victorian pressed glass
    • United Kingdom
Re: Thomas Kidd - Cats and Dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »
Meooowww. Here is one in Amber, looks very similar? Prrrr prrrr
Mike

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK