No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Royal Doulton Green Onion Vase.  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Royal Doulton Green Onion Vase.
« on: March 26, 2008, 03:47:19 PM »
Afternoon. Members
                           When out today at a flea come boot sale market. i managed to go daft again and bought 7 items of glass, one being this vase.

It is stamped Royal Doulton and is what i call onion shape, line have been cut into the vase how would this have been done, by wheel? the vase stands 8ins high is heavy and when put on a chair or pad if you tip it over it comes back up right just like the weebles from when i was younger, not that i would try this on a hard surface of cause.

Can anyone tell me about when this would have been blown please, and if so by whom?
                                                                                                                    Steve

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Royal Doulton Green Onion Vase.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 04:28:19 PM »
Royal Doulton glassware pops up on every market stall selling glass round here and was bought from a local wholesaler. The designs may be created in house but the production is outsourced to somewhere much cheaper than the UK. Could be form anywhere, my advice is buy it to use, not to collect. Wheel cutting sounds a good bet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand