No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Identification help please  (Read 1571 times)

Offline jane rosemary

• Members
Identification help please
« on: March 05, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »
Please could anyone tell me what they think my vase might be - thank you for any advice - regards Jane.
http://i2.tinypic.com/qqs7c4.jpg

Mod: The image link above is broken. If you own the piece and still have photographs, please contact the moderators so that we can restore the image to the thread.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Identification help please
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 01:05:43 PM »
Looks very Italian 1970s, it may have had a lid with a finial same style as the foot. It would have been used for storing cotton balls on the dressing table.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jane rosemary

• Members
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 01:37:31 PM »
Hi Ivo,
I should have mentioned measurements Ivo as this vase looks a bit too big for cotton balls = just over 7" across top and 6.5" high.
I will ask my sister however if it ever had a lid.
It is the combination of the two different type of glass, bubble and cased , that intrigued me - can't find another example - thanks for help - cheers Jane

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand