No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tom Moller for Reijmyre (Sweden)  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Tom Moller for Reijmyre (Sweden)
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:00:55 PM »
Hubby has just come home with a rather lovely vase signed to the base with 'Reijmyre Tom' which, after Googling I've found out is the designer Tom Moller.  All the sites with information about his work for Reijmyre are in Swedish and using online translations brings up total gobbledegook.  Does anyone here know anything about Tom Moller and his work?  I'll post some photographs of the vase up here later (my digital camera battery is currently re-charging).  Thanks for any help in advance :-)

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
Re: Tom Moller for Reijmyre (Sweden)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »
Hi.

As a start, he designed for Reijmyre Glass Works from 1960 to 1967. After leaving he became a free lance designer at Lindshammar Glass Works. He was born in 1904 and had a ceramics studio with his wife Grete Möller.

Prior to working with Reijmyre, he designed glass for Alsterbro Glass Works.

You do not see much of his work in the secondary market in Sweden at the two major auction houses.

I have seen a design for four bowels in an ugly green gray color. Another work is a clear glass tumbler engraved with very wonderful designs of animals.

Bill Geary

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Tom Moller for Reijmyre (Sweden)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 12:20:29 PM »
Gosh that was quick!  Thanks very much indeed for the information Bill, much appreciated.  This particular vase isn't engraved - in the absence of photographs (for now) I can describe it as like an oversized bulb vase shape in a smokey grey blue coloured glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand