No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dating Holmegaard Signatures...  (Read 13932 times)

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
    • HarderNet.dk DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
Re: Dating Holmegaard Signatures...
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 07:23:16 AM »
Have just gone into the holmgaard resources site to try and date a production number I have on a Per Lutken vase-no sucess but did fine a qualification on a decanter I have-Per Lutken!! What a suprise. The number in question is 220194-can anyone of you lovely people help. Many thanks to pinkspoons for what appears to be a labour of love-excellent site even though it is in developement. regards from New Zealand
Hej Carolglass - It must be a vase from the "UMANAK" pattern designed by Per Lütken in 1959. It should be 13 cm high 5½ inch. and 10 cm i diameter in the welknown aqva colour - Hope that will help.
Peter

DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
Holmegaard Glasswork, Kastrup Glasswork, Fyens Glasswork
HarderNet.dk

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 08:44:39 AM »
Hi HarderNet.dk, thankyou for the information re my vase-Height is 13cm but top diameter is 8cm, base is 3.6cm. Colour is aqua. regards carolglass
Carolglass

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 08:51:20 AM »
Hi HarderNet.dk, thankyou for the information re my vase-Height is 13cm but top diameter is 8cm, base is 3.6cm. Colour is aqua. regards carolglass
You can see a simmerly UMANAK vase on my website choose buttom "Brugsglas galleri" and on the new page way down, there should be alfabetic order.
Peter

HarderNet.dk

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 07:21:41 PM »
Thanks for the information Peter- an exact match apart from the difference in width. The more glass I see the more I would like!! regards from New Zealand
Carolglass

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 09:54:57 AM »
True contact to former older employee at Holmegaard I have been informed as to hove Holmegaard items were marked in a period of the 70th.

He remember it clearly and the form of signature with HG + a number was used from 1971 to 1979 as follows:

1971 - HG1
1972 - HGxx
1973 - HG3
1974 - HG 4 and so on

ended with 1970 - HG9

Reason to use HGxx for 1972 was that a singel 2 always has been used to mark as factory 2. and that it could be mistaken for factory 2. if HG2 has been used for 1972 therefore it became HGxx

Hope that help to identify Holmegaard items at least when there is for the 70th.

A lot of Holmegaard items are not with signature, it was done in a random way on mass production items as to unica they is always signed.
Peter

HarderNet.dk

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »
Are pieces marked HGX from 1970, do you know? I have a set of glasses marked with this, which date to around that time.

As I said in the first post, I've one piece from 1980 marked HG80 - and this seems to be where this manner of signature stopped.

...as to unica they is always signed.

Unfortunately that's not always the case - I've four unique / limited production pieces without signature. Makes them difficult to sell on, I can tell you!

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 10:25:30 AM »
Are pieces marked HGX from 1970, do you know? I have a set of glasses marked with this, which date to around that time.

As I said in the first post, I've one piece from 1980 marked HG80 - and this seems to be where this manner of signature stopped.

...as to unica they is always signed.

Unfortunately that's not always the case - I've four unique / limited production pieces without signature. Makes them difficult to sell on, I can tell you!

By unica I refer to "one of a kind" items properly started by the Per Lütken period. Limited production will have items without.

The info I have had has only been verified for period 1971-1979 were the signature was as described
Peter

HarderNet.dk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand