No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this piece Iittala  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Level

• Members
Is this piece Iittala
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:40:42 PM »
Hi, is this piece Iittala? it is unsigned.

http://picasaweb.google.com/LVelvond/Level

Thanks

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Re: Is this piece Iittala
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 08:33:21 PM »
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 03:50:03 PM »
Della, I can understand why you've linked to the Timo Sarpaneva 'Vertica' vase but I've had one of the candlesticks Level is asking about and I also posted it on here (must be over a year ago). The general consensus of opinion at the time was that it wasn't by Iittala but a firm attribution of who had made it wasn't reached - possibly by Pukeberg if I remember rightly.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 04:06:32 PM »

:-[ :-[
Ooops, I had more than one window open, searching through past topics, and I have taken the link from the wrong page (I wasn't feeling too well at the time. Poor excuse, but true  :cry: )
Better go back and find the one that should be there...................  :hb2: :hb2:
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 04:10:08 PM »

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,8135.0.html

I remembered that you had posted it first time round, Pip. My humble apologies.  :angel:

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
LOL don't be silly Della - no need to apologise!  Well done for finding the thread ....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand