No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: American Harlequin/Swirl - NEGC? Help needed.  (Read 1254 times)

Offline alexander

• Members
American Harlequin/Swirl - NEGC? Help needed.
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:02:12 PM »
Hi, a lucky cinrcumstance landed me this fun weight.

I bought a NEGC scramble and this one came in it's stead by mistake, the seller let me keep it
as he figured the return cost would be too high to warrant a return - so I ended up with two for the price of one  :)
The seller got a raving review of course.

So I think it's a US made weight, alas, identifying frit type weights is not my forte to put it mildly.
My inital thought was NEGC but I know way too little about old US weights and haven't found any
identified frit weights to compare with.

I hope someone here can help me.

It's a big weight, 3"1/2 or 9cm across, 3" or 7,5 cm tall. Very heavy.
Concave polished base with worn rim. Nice clear glass with a couple of small bubbles.

The flowerpot/swirly cushion is square with rounded corners (doesn't who very well in my photos),
there are four frit flowers with colored stems (not air stems like Boh. flowers).

Some of the frit in the flowers appear to be pieces of simple canes, white center with green casing.
The colors seem consistent with US manufacture.

Thanks

Top View
Side View
Askew View
Base
Best Side View
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia