No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Swedish face lamp, by Eneryda  (Read 7853 times)

Offline BJB

• Members
Swedish face lamp, by Eneryda
« on: September 22, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »
Hi All,

Have just come back from a carboot with this really stunning lamp. It has three faces/sides and has a label on the side saying Eneryda Sweden

http://i17.tinypic.com/4pkha3d.jpg

Has anyone heard of the company, it looks very Michael Bang looking with the faces but I have no idea who its by.

http://i13.tinypic.com/644x7ah.jpg

Any ideas?

Barbara

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Swedish face lamp, by Eneryda
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 05:22:38 PM »
Wow, that's an impressive lump of glass. Not really what I would call Bang-eque, but fun nonetheless.

I suspect that it might not have started life as a lamp, though - or at least not with those fittings.

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »
Hi Nic,

The bottom white plastic bit is original, and it has a hole in the bottom corner for the cord to go through, but the top muckey white bit is not original.

However it is held on by plaster of paris and if I get it off the middle screw will fall into the base. The clean white bit is stuck so am leaving it alone.

It stands an impressive 14" tall.

Am I right in thinking 1960's?

Barbara

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 05:46:40 PM »
If the plastic is original, I'd say late 1970s - 1980s. Anything earlier and I'd expect to see brass and/or bakelite.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 06:53:09 PM »
Gorgeous piece  :o  :clap:

I have been trying to find out a little about this company for a while now, as I have two labelled vases of theirs. The best information that I have so far is that Heino Jacobsson was a glassblower for Eneryda. I have finally found a website: http://www.vastsverige.com/templates/article____9167.aspx
Maybe he will be as kind as some of the other glassblowers have been and help with information on your piece. His email address is given at the bottom of the linked to page.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 07:04:05 PM »
Hi Della,

It really is stunning, one of those things that stand out a mile on a stall  ;D .

Many thanks for the link, I did google it but most sites either came up in Swedish or were about a place called Eneryda.

I will e-mail him tomorrow along with a photograph and let you know if he replies, hope he reads English as my Swedish is non existant  :-[

Barbara

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 09:39:45 PM »
Hey Barbara x

Great looking piece of glass!  I wonder if you noticed we have a new facility under the box where you post a new thread or reply?  You can upload your pics direct from your computer.   :D   I'd like to preserve your photo's...can I upload them to GlassGallery as usual?

Cheers.

I am not a man

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 07:26:56 AM »
Hi Max,

Please do, you don't have to ask me, what ever photo's I post that you would like to upload you are very welcome.

I will try and get a good picture of the label now the sunshine is here, its really annoying when it looks great in the viewfinder then the flamimg thing flashes!

Barbara

Offline Madbrit

• Members
  • West German Pottery, & Scandinavian Glass
Text and images © Kevin Graham

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 02:45:53 PM »
Hi Max,

Here is the label from the lamp, hope you can do something with it.

http://i4.tinypic.com/66uir8o.jpg.

Kev,

Thanks for the links, there doesn't seem to be much on the company. I wonder if its because lables were used rather than signing the pieces, and they have fallen off ?

Barbara

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand