No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Alfredo Barbini Clown  (Read 2567 times)

Offline coffeejames

• Members
Alfredo Barbini Clown
« on: October 01, 2007, 06:24:44 PM »
I own this clown, it was made by an artist named "Alfredo Barbini." I would like to know if there is a way to determine more about this clown's head, and if you would know where I might start? I would also like to determine a value for this piece.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Alfredo Barbini Clown
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »
I would love to own it.Barbini is very collectable,nice piece,some of the clowns are becoming a tad boring, hundreds on ebay,unlike yours.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »
Hi, if you google molta bella glass you will see your clown described as alfreo barbini clown pre 1960 6 inches tall price 250 dollars .on page 28.regards John.

Offline coffeejames

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 06:45:44 PM »
Hi, if you google molta bella glass you will see your clown described as alfreo barbini clown pre 1960 6 inches tall price 250 dollars .on page 28.regards John.

Hello John,

Thank you for posting this link. I had found it several days ago and had attempted to contact the curator, but I have had no response. I was curious, and you might know; Does removing the stickers front and bottom of a piece like this ruin the value of the piece (conversely, do these stickers increase the value)?  I have been collecting information about the maker and the fun of that has delighted me.

I have not decided if this piece will be sold, but I might once I have had my fun collecting the information and such.

Thank you.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 06:58:23 PM »
Glass with genuine stickers is always better than without, shame they never put them on discretely

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 07:13:18 PM »
The more labels the better,never remove them i find they do help to sell,and to achieve a better price,it also helps forums like this one.Regards John.ps this is the third time i have tried to put this message on,i hope they dont all come on together.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand