No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tall bottle shape floor vase  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Tall bottle shape floor vase
« on: October 14, 2007, 03:33:14 PM »
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/glassie/floorvase002.jpg

Any ideas who made this 16" high bottle shaped floor vase please?  I did check in the 'Holmegaard Mistaken Identities' thread, but several of the images are no longer there, so I'm not too sure if this one has been covered previously or not.  Quite light in weight.
TIA  ;)
Anne E.B

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Tall bottle shape floor vase
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 06:18:49 PM »
Hello Anne.

We had this thread, which has a similar (but not identical) vase from Ikea: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,17268.0.html

Not sure who made yours, though.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 07:19:48 PM »
Thanks Nic :)  Mine appears to be the same as the 2 blue/green ones with a H.G. label shown on the ebay link on your last posting.  However mine is 16" high not 15", but does have the same 5" diam. base.  Pity it isn't a green one which I could have sent you to compare with your Greenland pieces.   
Anne E.B

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 07:37:07 PM »
Yes, I didn't manage to bid on the vases in the auction - I think I had an early night and missed out, if memory serves. I was certainly kicking myself over that one.

I would say that yours probably isn't Holmegaard, as the colour looks a lot brighter than their standard violet used during from mid-50s and into the 70s.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »
That's fine Nic ;)  It didn't immediately grab me as being HG. and that's why I just referred to it as a bottle vase.  Shame about missing out on the auction, but I know you've not been too well, so an early night is more important - and I hope you are feeling much better :)  Plenty more green bottles in the sea ;D

Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand