No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signed Studio Goblet...Per Lutken??  (Read 890 times)

Offline Martyn K

• Members
Signed Studio Goblet...Per Lutken??
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:13:48 AM »
Another tricky signature....

18cm (7 1/8in) high, ice blue foot and stem, deep blue and clear bowl with some fine suspended bubbles, orange trail and blob, the foot has a stoney texture underneath and engraved signature to top.

I'm not certain but think it looks like Per Lutken. The colours are quite Holmegaardy and I know he was making/designing pieces a bit like this during the early 70s, but I have'nt spotted a verified signature anywhere or a comparable piece...any opinions?

It's quite similar to Peter Layton's signature as well but we have a number of his pieces to compare with and it's not his.

Many thanks,
M.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Signed Studio Goblet...Per Lutken??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 12:23:56 PM »
I've never seen a Lutken signature that wasn't the normal PL monogram, nor have I seen any similar Holmegaard pieces, really.

Looks more Swedish to me, but that's just a guess.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Martyn K

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
Thanks Nic.....

clutching at straws maybe while trying to make sense of the signature...the blue of the stem is a good match for Holmegaard and I've seen similar textured bases but like you never a full signature, so it was a long shot...was he ever involved in unique/individual studio pieces BTW?

If anyone else want to have a guess......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 01:27:18 PM »
Lutken spent a lot of the 1970s making unique / limited production exhibition pieces, but any with a signature that I've seen have had the usual monogram and a date.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand