No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemia Label on Vase ID needed. ID = Vizner, Sklo Union, Czechoslovakia  (Read 2297 times)

Offline selina

• Members
This lovely pair I found yesterday and there is a vestige of a label left. Im hoping for an ID by either the label, unless its generic, or style, or combination of both. I thought they were similar to the Sklo Union candle holders I have but the pattern is  different. Or if someone can direct me to a site with Bohemia labels if they arent a basic label.

They are approx 20cm high x 8cm wide. Concave bases. And who would have thought that all the times Ive tried to take pics and never thought to use the bathroom!!  ;D

TIA.

Selina
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Sklounion

Re: Bohemia Label on Vase ID needed.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:14:19 AM »
Pattern number 20082/200 vases from Sklo Union, Herrmanova Hut, designed @ 1965, by Frantisek Vizner. Generic Glassexport "Bohemia Glass" label. In production for at least 20 years. Patterns always tend to vary on different items, even within a series.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline selina

• Members
Re: Bohemia Label on Vase ID needed.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 06:23:49 AM »
Thank you so much Marcus. I must admit I did pick them because they reminded me of my candle holders. They arent keepers Im afraid but at least they will have the correct attribution. Ive certainly found an appreciation for them, cant part with the candle holders.. :)

Selina
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand