Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

Fazzoletto vases

(1/8) > >>

amoilvetro:
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone else collects fazzoletto vases? I am just starting out, am in the process of purchasing a gorgeous white and green latticimo/zanfirico piece - quite excited! :)

Cheers
Amanda.

amoilvetro:
do Venini fazzolettos all have a smooth base? I saw one on eBay with what I think is a pontil mark... its slightly recessed... kind of like a bellybutton? lol

Amanda.

Laura Friedman:
Venini fazzolettos always have either a flat polished base, or an indented polished pontil. They will never have a rough pontil mark or a rounded base.

Laura

amoilvetro:
Hi Laura

Thanks for that info. I think sometimes that I might have bitten off more than I can chew by starting out on fazzolettos! *lol*

Will try and post a pic of my new purchase soon.

Cheers
Amanda.

ps. Laura, you have a really nice website - love your photos - how do you photograph them? I want to take some really good ones for insurance purposes... might have to hire a professional to take them for me!

planetglass:
Hi Amanda,

Regarding photos, I shoot with a white, grey or black background, depending on piece, with an Olympus camedia camera. I don't do anthing fancy regarding lighting, although I'm sure this would get me a better result. I tend to move back a bit (to reduce glare) and use the flash with most items. I also crop, sharpen and usually brighten my photos afterwards in photoshop.

Laura

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version