No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fazzoletto vases  (Read 11400 times)

Offline David555

• Members
Fazzoletto vases
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 08:19:34 PM »
Another little Venini for my collection

http://publish.hometown.aol.co.uk/blackcatgla/images/venini%20vase%20copy.jpg Mod: Link Dead

Adam D555
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline amoilvetro

• Members
Fazzoletto vases
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005, 08:04:20 AM »
David555 I love that little Venini - absolutely gorgeous! Is it pure white or is there a slightly pinky/violety tinge to it? And I like how the signature is still quite clear.

My own collecting has spluttered to a halt since I purchased my fazzoletto earlier in this thread... seems that it doesn't want company lol

Have a look at this auction which ended about a week or so ago:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7352131003&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 <-- Mod: Link Dead
Crazy what it went for! However I just checked through my picture archive (yes I'm a bit naughty and save fazzoletto pictures from the net...) and I have not seen one striped like this before - the stripes are not zanfirico or latticimo, but solid. What is this pattern called?

Offline David555

• Members
Fazzoletto vases
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2005, 04:44:29 PM »
Hi

My little Venini is a grey with a reddish tinge through it - it has a dark grey piped rim - 4.5"

I kept this one but sold a similar one in grey with a bluish tinge a month back and got £70.00 making me a tiny profit - I was disappointed, as I thought it was an unusual 1950s Venini - but people do tend to go more for the striped and latticinio pieces, add aventurine and wooosh

That is a high price, but the colour combination of blue ands white stripes is very attractive

One point - I do think my bits are better designed with less complex ruffles and folds to the top - I am a bit of a fascist and like my fazzoletto to have only four points, just my taste

Adam D555

BTW - I have started a thread on Chance Glass Handkerchief Vases - I will be posting one of my own and asking people to post theirs - to be honest they are just fazzoletto vases but as not Murano have no place here
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
Fazzoletto vases
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2005, 08:57:28 PM »
I like the Chance handkerchief vases. I thought about collecting them, but I've held off the urge for now, lol.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline chuggy

• Members
Fazzoletto vases
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2005, 08:48:56 PM »
Just thought I'd share my latest piece which I picked up last night, the mother of faz's it stands 12" high and has a circumference of 31". Bought it as unsigned but it has Venini 3 line acid stamp to the base and rings like a bell. To say I'm chuffed would be an understatement.

Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Fazzoletto vases
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2005, 09:28:57 PM »
That's a stunningly beautiful vase!  

Regards - Anne E.B.  :mrgreen:
Anne E.B

Offline Pat

• Members
Fazzoletto vases
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2006, 08:18:45 PM »
My interest in these has been aroused by this thread. I hear all you collectors groaning LOL. Anyway having a look around ebay I find a seller in Italy who seems to have an awful lot of these. Are they authentic??
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
Fazzoletto vases
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 10:43:48 PM »
I think I know who you are talking about Pat.
I asked and told me they were all his grandfathers (if its the same person), but he keeps listing the same items over and over as if he had an endless supply. Seemed fishy to me.....

But on the topic of Fazzolettos going for little now a days on Ebay...
I was fortunate to get 2 little pink Venini pieces, 1 signed, 2 filigrana black and white pieces (think are actually old Martens pieces), and a very nice one in Zanfirico White which I thought was Salviati, but is actually signed Venini underneath, all for less than $135 combined! :D
Its a very good time for them I think!

Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand