No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: My first vaseline glass - Cenedese?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline shandiane78

• Members
My first vaseline glass - Cenedese?
« on: August 01, 2008, 05:14:30 PM »
Does anyone know this design? I was thinking Antonio Da Ros for Cenedese.
Shannon

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: My first vaseline glass - Cenedese?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:13:25 PM »
The head and neck certainly look like da Ros and the colour is right. I'd say yes.

Nice find! You have ways of making me want to visit Seattle. Perhaps I should go to Bumbershoot this year (and look for glass as well.)

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »
I've got bad new for you David...Almost all the stuff I find is from ebay.  ;D It's slim pickings around here, which is strange considering how many glass studios and galleries there are (not to mention the Pilchuck school!). I have managed to make a couple of good local finds though. I like Antiques at Pike Place.

Who would you like to see at Bumbershoot? I'm hoping to see Beck and !!! (pronouced chik chik chik). The good news - They're both playing on Saturday. The bad news - They're playing at the same time!  :cry: Then there's Del tha Funky Homosapien on Monday. I'd love to see that show. I also plan to catch some of the comedy shows.
Shannon

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 11:51:28 PM »
Another eBay treasure I never noticed. I can't complain too much, though; I recently found a corroso geode and a huge Barbine scavo piece.

Bumbershoot artists? Beck, yes. Lucinda Williams (first saw her at Bumbershoot 15 years? ago), the Northwest's own Neko Case and Death Cab, Lee "Scratch" Perry (my age is showing), M. Ward, and the lone Canadian I recognize, Kathleen Edwards. That's the plan anyhow. I'll probably stumble across some new artists who will entrap me, or, even worse, give in to the lure of the glass galleries. I bought my first big piece at Vetri, a Jamie Harris incalmo sculpture.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 12:23:54 AM »
Vetri - I love that place! One of my favorite outings is to Vetri, and then walk down to Antiques at Pike Place and look at some glass I can actually afford.  ;)

Those sound like great finds! I don't have any Murano corroso or scavo pieces yet. Those would be on my long list of things to find. You know, the glass hunting around here probably isn't as bad as I make it out to be. I just need to get out and look more often...If only the stores could stay open all night like ebay!
Shannon

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 07:02:24 PM »
Oh hey, look what I found in Javier's shop:

http://www.trocadero.com/svazzo/items/748695/item748695store.html

So funny (or rather, it would be funny if not so sad)...The very tip of the beak on mine is also nicked.
Shannon

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 07:31:55 PM »
Shannon,
nice find  ;D
Why sad, looks like good news to me!

Never heard of !!! before, just found them on
http://www.brainwashed.com/!!!/
and im listening to them now. Good stuff. Like it :band:

Plenty of Bass, good live i would think!
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »
I mean the little damage to the beak is sad. I really can't complain though - It was a steal! Displays wonderfully too.

I hear !!! puts on a great show. Can't wait to see them. My favorite song has go to be "Pardon My Freedom". It took me forever to get through the first album, because I couldn't stop playing that song over and over!
Shannon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand