No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Who made this filigrana dove?  (Read 5134 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Who made this filigrana dove?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 10:55:10 PM »
Shannon, the bird you found on eBay does look a lot like the same design as yours and breezybabe's. The wings look fairly distinctive to me -- unlike any other wings I had seen. Some of the companies, e.g. Fratelli Toso, tended to do the same designs with different decorations. This may be the case for the Franco Moretti birds, too. I thought your bird looked like a very good one, but I had no idea who made it. I'm glad breezybabe has one with a label. It made ID'ing so much easier.   :clap:

I don't know anything about Franco Moretti beyond that he did a couple of good birds that we have now seen.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 07:32:03 AM »
Here is Franco Moretti's website. http://www.francomoretti.com/INDEX.HTML His daughter Yvonne is a member here and there are about four other threads on here mentioning his work

Hmm, I just checked the link and you have to choose the Italiano option! Otherwise it's under construction

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »
Thanks Christine! Too bad I don't read Italian. I tried to get this to come up in a Google search, so I could select "Translate Page", but no luck. I suppose I could copy some text and use one of those translating sites for it...Maybe we can find out how long they have been in business.
Shannon

Offline breezybabe

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 07:11:26 PM »
Here are a few pictures!

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 07:16:46 PM »
That's great, breezybabe. For some reason I can't get the photos to enlarge, but doesn't that label have an older look to it? Maybe 1960's?
Shannon

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 07:19:43 PM »
If you go to google and click on the languages tool then scroll down, there is a translate web page option

Whoops, Yvonne is Franco's sister, they are the children of Alessandro Moretti

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 07:26:47 PM »
Thanks, Christine. I was able to translate it, but unfortunately I see no mention of years of operation or anything similar.
Shannon

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 07:33:45 PM »
There is an email contact and Franco looks to be in his late fifties, early sixties. There is Moretti family stuff here but only mentions and snapshots of Franco http://www.morettiglas.20fr.com/

Offline breezybabe

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 09:17:35 PM »
Hi Just to update you all,The black label belongs to the swan,the round silver label is on the dove hope this helps.ALSO.......could anyone help me out with one of my favourites which is the gorgeous pink pony,as I'd love to find out more about him

Offline breezybabe

• Members
Hi again!
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »
I've started collecting glass minitures, I've a large collection and would love to know some more info about them! (If that's possible?)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand