No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Glass Figurine?  (Read 6811 times)

Offline Catisfaction

• Members
Murano Glass Figurine?
« on: November 02, 2007, 08:43:57 PM »
Hi all!

I believe this is a Murano Glass figurine or sculpture. I know I saw one at one point but can't for the life of me remember the name. I think it started with ab O. Might have been the importer name rather than maker name?

Anyways thought I'd pop in here and see if anyone could help jog my memory because weeks of searching has not paid off yet.

Thanks all for any help you can give. Highly appreciate it.

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Re: Murano Glass Figurine?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:12:41 PM »
Hi did you ever find anything out about this figurine only ive just bought a very similar one signed i will post a picture this evening of the signature and figurine for you too see i would love too know if you got any further too the bottom of it????

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:31:48 PM »
Your "Lovers" piece reminds me of Giuliano Tosi's work.  We discussed his work not to long ago on another forum.  Here is some links.  Both of the pieces in the links are signed, I believe, I know at least one is.  Yours could have been made for tourist and that maybe the reason it is not signed.  Also, other modern Murano companies have made the "Lovers" pieces.  They are pretty common. 

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3280&highlight=giuliano+tosi

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3351&highlight=giuliano+tosi

tam bam

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »
Also, Arte '80, Elio Raffaeli, Tagliapietra and Barovier made the "Lovers" pieces just to name a few more possibilities.  

tam bam

P.S. - After looking at your piece again, I am inclined to think that Tagliapietra & Barovier may be the maker.  I have a piece by that same company and it uses the same color technique.  Here is my piece.  I hope this helps shed some light.

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=21&pictureid=1359

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »
Hi Thanks tam bam i wasnt sure at all, Nice to be able to put murano "lovers" to the item its a start point for me as promised ive pictured mine its signed but i cant see what its supposed to say!

Offline pl79

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 07:00:26 PM »
I have the same one but 10 of 150 but cannot make out the signature.

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 07:02:58 PM »
Just found it sandro frattim started a company in the 1980s preety run of the mill stuf all in all but nice things there is one of these lovers sculptures on ebay at the moment regards dan

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
sorry it should be sandro frattin not frattim

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »
Yep, I agree, Sandro Frattin is what the signature states.   :chky:  Many companies in Murano produced the "Lovers" sculptures.  They are very popular with the tourist I hear. 

tam bam

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
Thanks tam bam for laying it too rest i just wouldnt of found out for a long while on my own  :smg:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand