Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Decanter Leerdam/Copier? [Was: I need help to identify...]  (Read 465 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Decanter Leerdam/Copier? [Was: I need help to identify...]
« on: November 03, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »
 Hi  Ivo now i know you are up can you tell me about my A D Copier decanter on ebay ID nickgeo01 date lined glass.ie date and any other info and why there are no bids, i thought it would fly away. Regards John. also in glassmarket.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
Decanter Leerdam/Copier?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 11:34:01 AM »
Missing chain and stain in bottom.
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
    • old website
Decanter Leerdam/Copier?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 12:16:29 PM »
Hi  Ivo now i know you are up can you tell me about my A D Copier decanter on ebay ID nickgeo01 date lined glass.ie date and any other info and why there are no bids, i thought it would fly away. Regards John. also in glassmarket.

i checked that out the other day and it does not look like any Copier I've ever seen - not his style at all. The mark looks like the sandblast one used just after the war for a short time - and which is easily forged.
Ivo
► BLUE HENRY ◄
 New Book: The Almost Forgotten Story of the Blue Glass Sputum Flask

all texts and pictures (c) Ivo Haanstra.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Decanter Leerdam/Copier?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:15:01 PM »
Thanks Ivo, there is a bid on it now ,i will let it run and then refer the buyer to your message as i dont know what else to do,i have had 250 sales with no problems so now i am like a fish out of water.i bought this many years ago with no attribution for not much money,so i had no reason to doubt it ,my feedback will tell you all.Thanks John.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Decanter Leerdam/Copier? [Was: I need help to identify...]
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 04:03:58 PM »
I Acquired this decanter way back in 1970 at that time i had no idea whos logo was on the base,it came from a local family who i know well,i spoke to them at the weekend they said it had been in the family as far back as they can remember,now i am more confused than before.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com