No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Decanter Leerdam/Copier? [Was: I need help to identify...]  (Read 1050 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Decanter Leerdam/Copier? [Was: I need help to identify...]
« on: November 03, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »
 Hi  Ivo now i know you are up can you tell me about my A D Copier decanter on ebay ID nickgeo01 date lined glass.ie date and any other info and why there are no bids, i thought it would fly away. Regards John. also in glassmarket.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Decanter Leerdam/Copier?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 11:34:01 AM »
Missing chain and stain in bottom.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Decanter Leerdam/Copier?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 12:16:29 PM »
Hi  Ivo now i know you are up can you tell me about my A D Copier decanter on ebay ID nickgeo01 date lined glass.ie date and any other info and why there are no bids, i thought it would fly away. Regards John. also in glassmarket.

i checked that out the other day and it does not look like any Copier I've ever seen - not his style at all. The mark looks like the sandblast one used just after the war for a short time - and which is easily forged.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Decanter Leerdam/Copier?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:15:01 PM »
Thanks Ivo, there is a bid on it now ,i will let it run and then refer the buyer to your message as i dont know what else to do,i have had 250 sales with no problems so now i am like a fish out of water.i bought this many years ago with no attribution for not much money,so i had no reason to doubt it ,my feedback will tell you all.Thanks John.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Decanter Leerdam/Copier? [Was: I need help to identify...]
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 04:03:58 PM »
I Acquired this decanter way back in 1970 at that time i had no idea whos logo was on the base,it came from a local family who i know well,i spoke to them at the weekend they said it had been in the family as far back as they can remember,now i am more confused than before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand