No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bubble glass vase need id please  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Pat

• Members
Bubble glass vase need id please
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:02:32 PM »
This is similar to Whitefriars but I cannot find this size or quite the same in any of the catalogues. Green lobed with ground and polished pontil:

No retreat, No surrender.

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Bubble glass vase need id please
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »
There are two pattern numbers in the Whitefriars catalogues for what looks like the same small vase. In 1949 it is pat. 9293 described as a Diam of 3 inches. And in 1957 pat no 9377 is similar but described as having a Diameter of 3.5 inches.  Colour  is Sea Green.  Emmi
PS  Somewhere I have seen it listed with a height measurement, but can't locate it right now

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:57:59 PM »
Oh, I have one of these in Sapphire - 80mm tall and 90mm diameter. So the size fits in better with the later 9377.... but the shape is closer the earlier 9293. So I've never been sure which pattern it is.

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 11:49:51 PM »
This one has always proved a problem, I know from previous postings on W/F.com that heights have differed too, but there's never really been enough information to decide which was which. Must say I prefer the Sapphire ones. 
Emmi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand