No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Not a fused and slumped masterpiece but I enjoyed making it.  (Read 2382 times)

Offline lddlsa

• Members
Not a fused and slumped masterpiece but I enjoyed making it.
« on: November 12, 2007, 07:37:20 AM »
Having finally learnt to post photographs, I am going to risk sharing one of my latest commission.  It is a curved light fitting which is a first for me, it's not a masterpiece but I enjoyed making it.  I am working on a second one which is a totally different design but am having to overcome big gaps in my knowledge.

I just love glass, the problem is I am running out of space what with collecting Monart, Vasart, Strathearn, Nazeing and various other pieces I couldn't resist, plus all the pieces I have made.  Still, a few more years and my girls will leave home (won't they) and I will have more space to expand my collection.

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
Re: Not a fused and slumped masterpiece but I enjoyed making it.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 08:48:40 AM »
It looks superb! :hiclp:

As a first attempt you appear to have mastered the art extremely well, so I look forward to seeing more of your work.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 09:43:43 AM »
Brilliant. What are your gaps?

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 12:35:15 PM »
Lovely  :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp: Well done

Offline lddlsa

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:43:23 PM »
Thank you all for your kind comments.  Having been awake since 2am and passing the time away on my computer since 4am  :sleep: I probably wasn't very clear in my posting.

David - I have been fusing glass for a while now but this is the first light fitting I have made.  The lady who commissioned it is very happy with the design and awaits the second design with patience.  The photograph below shows some of my work on sale in a local gallery earlier this year.  They already have some excellent fused glass from established designers and mounting my work on canvas is a slightly different way of presenting glass. 

Frank - the gaps in my knowledge are many and big............the second light needs to be made from different glass which I have not used before.  I made one and it broke mainly because my firing schedule did not allow the glass to anneal properly.  I am seeking help and advice from the more experienced fusers on www.warmglass.com

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/lddlsa/ebaysales010.jpg

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 03:13:53 PM »
Image not found: I'm wondering if your Photobucket account is set for private viewing, not public?
David
► Chance Additions ◄

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • ChanceGlass.net
David
► Chance Additions ◄

Offline lddlsa

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 03:53:51 PM »
David

Warning - you are trying to advise a computer numpty!  :) I actually went back after I finished my postings and deleted some of the photos because I thought I wouldn't need them any more!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope that I have resolved the problem if not, I am going back to posting without images as my poor little brain can't cope.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand