No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large murano vase my first ???  (Read 1944 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Large murano vase my first ???
« on: March 27, 2010, 10:28:52 PM »
Would this be a murrano faceted vase or 12" tall a little plain i guess with a darker central brown colour cased in a nice off clear brown tinged outer casing really quite nice with the right light :thup:ting is it by a known maker please ???

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Large murano vase my first ???
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 10:59:41 PM »
Your vase is like the work of Campanella in having the thin ends of the facets end in a line, instead of a point (as is the case for Mandruzzato). I have seen a couple of other companies that do their facets the same way, though, so I can't say with any certainty that it is Campanella. (If I remember right, the other companies were Bucella and Nason, but I'm not sure. I'll try to locate some pictures.) Vases that have the facets ending in a line have eight sides on the base -- 4 short, 4 long. Contemporary Mandruzzato facets end in a point, so the base has only 4 sides.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Re: Large murano vase my first ???
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »
Thanks TX brilliant information there very interesting too about the sides recognition etc... im wondering would this be a recent made piece or not?? :thup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand