No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: * Very Usual Murano Colored bowl/Astray  (Read 5243 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: * Very Usual Murano Colored bowl/Astray
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 02:27:01 AM »
From the pics I am assuming there is a thin inner layer of white? My opinion is probably later 50's into the 60's and most likely 'generic' Murano. Value wise would depend on the market at the time. I must admit that even though the colours clash it is quite a nice piece. The shape though does seem odd for one of the better makers in my opinion. You haven't mentioned dimensions as well. I am assuming it is a larger piece in dia?

I mean no offense by the word generic as well. I own quite a few and love them!  :thup:

Offline horochar

• Members
Re: * Very Usual Murano Colored bowl/Astray
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »
I would say $25-$30 would be a good selling price.  The market is soft and bowls are abundant.  For a Murano bowl to push over $100 it would need to be very special, i.e. top designer or good example of a premier maker (e.g. Venini).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand