No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Triple cased Murano loop basket.  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Triple cased Murano loop basket.
« on: November 20, 2005, 01:05:57 AM »
No joins anywhere, the loop is continuous. How did they do that?  :shock:
I'm sure it's quite a common occurance for Murano but it's the first time i've ever seen one.

Only £2 and triple cased, Green, amber and clear.
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/normal_Picture%20750.jpg

I must try to get the clouding out, wish me luck. It's difficult for me to tell if a piece of glass is clouded or just plain dirty.

Does anyone know who made this? All comments welcome.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 01:33:01 PM »
no idea who made it. To get the clouding out, first clean thoroughly and dry; then apply silicon based lubricant and wipe clean with a paper towel. You may need to repeat that.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 06:55:56 PM »
Hi Tigerchips,
I have seen them with different import label, Venetian labels, Toscany labels, Murano labels. Hard to say on this one, since it is a simple shape.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 11:39:35 PM »
Thanks ivo and svazzo.

The closest thing that I've seen so far is this.
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/76-Seguso-Vetri-dArte-Flavio-Poli-Sommerso-bowl-w_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28221QQitemZ6600486941QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I going to dream now. But it's only a dream, always is.  :(
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 12:31:14 AM »
Hi Tiger

The auction one probably is Seguso Vetri d'Arte by Flavio Poli - you can see one in J Miller 2006 pp318 - I also have pictures in older books, those are so Poli colours - Blue/Purple with fuchsia halo, he used this colour combo for lots of items in the 1950s (1955 seems good as well).

C Bestetti 'Murano' 1960 pp141 - Seguso Vase by F Poli 1956 - photo Copyright Feruzzi, Pag

So it was a popular shape (basket) like the faceted vases and tall decanters - many companies made them, including some that are probably off the map by now.

Your basket doesn't have a clearly defined halo, it's like yellow melding into a green - you can see the definition best on the handle - it's still sommerso but more the type you see on animals and am-orphic shapes.

Your basket is actually very beautiful, if you have cleaned it really well and it’s still cloudy, that's water damage - Ivo's advice is best in that case.

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 07:10:29 PM »
I love that vase you just showed.

I can see that the green follows the inside of my vase, especially on the underside of the handle, thanks.

Bleach didn't do the trick so it must be water damage. I tried WD-40 until I realised that it was silicone free.  :roll:

Offline bidda

• Members
    • The Glass Cache
Re: Triple cased Murano loop basket.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 07:25:57 PM »
another product i like for cleaning glass is gel-gloss. it's not specifically made for glass but it works just like the old glass wax. leaves items shiny and resistant to dust and fingerprints.

bidda

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand