No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Orrefors / Kosta / Afors archives  (Read 2398 times)

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
Orrefors / Kosta / Afors archives
« on: July 01, 2009, 05:42:59 PM »
Bill,

I understand from someone at Orrefors that Emmaboda Kommun have bought the archives, at least for Afors - do you know whether they've bought all the archives, and in fact anything more about this ? I'm led to understand that access will still be possible ?

Gareth

http://www.emmaboda.se/English/

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
Re: Orrefors / Kosta / Afors archives
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 05:59:46 AM »
Good morning:

It has been reported the Emmaboda Kommun has purchased the Kosta Boda archives for 10,000,000k

I have been trying to determine if this includes the Orrefors archives. My guess is the Orrefors archives are not included but I do not know for sure.

The Nybro Kommun where Orrefors is located has purchased the Orrefors Museum property for 5,000,000k but
not the archives.

A Foundation has been set up by leaders in Smaland to try and save the Orrefors archives. They are seeking
10,000k donations but I have some concern about the structure and by-laws of the Foundation and raised them with the leaders. Still waiting for a reply.

See what happens when you work for the Chief Legal Counsel of a major insurance company and do not have a law degree. Just kidding.
Bill Geary

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:54:05 AM »
I myself decided NOT to buy any shares. The shares would be a part of the Orrefors Glassmuseum including the archives.  So you would basicilly own a part of that. When I last spoke to them they had raised 5 million of the 12 million needed. Else the money will go back to the buyers.
Its a REAL shame that Nybro kommun didnt buy the glass in the museum instead of Orrefors parting it out.
Kosta Boda was smart enough and sold it to Emmaboda Kommun.

What will happen if OF go bankrupcy? Then Nybro kommun have 3-4 wortless properties and no glass.....

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 02:32:07 PM »
Hi

Daniel can you tell me who indicated the Kommune had 5,000,000k of the 12,000,000k required?

Thanks
Bill Geary
william.geary@worldartglass.com

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 03:14:53 PM »
Nils-Erik Gustafsson. A good friend to my grandfather who was one of the old bosses at OF.

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »
Daniel

Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum