No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: SF mark, Italian pressed glass - ID = Fidenza Vetraria  (Read 7759 times)

Sklounion

SF mark, Italian pressed glass - ID = Fidenza Vetraria
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:42:37 AM »
Hi,
Please,does anyone know which Italian pressed glass manufacturer used the letters SF in a five-pointed star, on the base of their productions? The image I have seen of the mark is less than clear, (ebay item number 330192962526) so the F could be a P. Looking around the net, some suggestions are that this mark is a variant for Fidenza Vetraria Sp.A. who are identified as also using a star with FV in the star, and both marks are found on a  pattern of insulator known to have been made by Fidenza Vetraria. Can anyone confirm that it is the case that both marks were used, please?
TIA,
Marcus

Offline Sue C

• Members
Re: SF mark, Italian pressed glass
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 12:28:51 PM »
Hi Marcus, do you remember my vase over on the PB ? the one people mistake for Sklo union, i have looked at it more closely and the little star on the base also has SF in center, i was trying to find out who made it, and came across this site www.cristallo.org  i have'nt looked at it closely yet, no time  ::)

Marcus, on that site there is a mould maker Stampi Francolini.

Sklounion

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 07:13:20 PM »
Hi Sue, and Frank for the cleaned up image,
Does anyone have an opinion on how common it would be for mould-makers to mark their fabrication?
I cannot speak for the UK, but I do not know of any Czech moulds where that is the case.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 08:15:36 PM »

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 12:59:16 PM »
Hi Marcus, came across another one today, same markings.

Offline Officinaquack

• Members
  • Bormioli, Fidenza Vetraria, Saivo, Covetro...
    • Glassware
    • Italy
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 09:16:25 AM »
Def a Fidenza Vetraria vase.

vase: Nilo

in: 1967/68
out: 1982

The mass colour (smoked brown) place this piece in the second part of the 70's when Fidenza added 3 different mass colours to production until the early 80's.

• Smoked brown
  • Light Blue (not cobalt)
  • Green

• Regards

Gab

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
    Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
    link to glass encyclopedia
    Visit the Online Glass Museum
    link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand