No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lemon Pearline / Uranium whatsit...HELP!!! ID = Fenton Mini-Cornucopia Candlesti  (Read 3587 times)

Anonymous

Ok so I'm a pain with this stuff as I'm just getting into pressed glass so please stick with me, and I have tried to find this as I've been all through the Jenny Thompson English pressed glass book this afternoon without any joy.
It's yellow, pearline and looks to be urnaium and its a horn of plenty shape, my best guess is Davidson or Greener, but HELP please.

http://tinypic.com/6jks4h.jpg

Paul

Anonymous

pearline
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »
Don't know why it came up as guest as I was showing logged in on my screen.....
Paul

Anonymous

Lemon Pearline / Uranium whatsit...HELP!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 03:27:04 PM »
Fenton Topaz Cornucopia candlestick or small vase.  I would need the height and a peek of the inside to tell the difference.

I am not a home so I don't have my books or I could give you the YOP (year of production) and the specific ware no. but it is prior to 1945, if memory serves me correctly.

Anonymous

pearline
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 03:30:51 PM »
The height is just 3.5" and candle holder makes sense as the inside is only hollow about halfway down. To be honest I never even thought of Fenton, but there's a lot the only brain doesn't register these days.
Paul

Connie

Lemon Pearline / Uranium whatsit...HELP!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 09:16:31 PM »
The whole story on your piece

Fenton Topaz Opalescent Hobnail Mini Cornucopia Candlestick ware no. 3971-TO made from 1941-44,

Offline chuggy

• Members
pearline
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 07:14:42 AM »
Thank you very much Connie, no wonder I couldn't find it in my English pressed glass book, now I can label it with confidence.
All the best
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand