Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Resolved Glass Queries

2 pieces of Swedish glass (maybe) - ID Caithnes, FM Konstglas Ronneby

<< < (2/2)

David E:
Hi Ivo,

--- Quote ---... don't know where the online information came from but it is not complete or correct.
--- End quote ---

The information came from www.great-glass.co.uk and I'm very suprised if the information is wrong as Philip is normally very astute. However, it does state their main involvement was with Ronneby:

--- Quote ---... who operated the Ronneby glassworks in Sweden (1961 - 1990)
--- End quote ---

Which I assume is correct?

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---Marcolin Art Crystal, Sardinia, Italy (late 20th Century)
Decorative crystal & coloured glassware. Presumably some connection with Josef and Benito Marcolin, who operated the Ronneby glassworks in Sweden (1961 - 1990)
--- End quote ---

The company was called Marcolin Art Crystal, located in Ronneby, Sweden for many years - until 1999 or 2000 I believe, when the brothers retired back to Italy. The company was never located in Sardinia, though the name was briefly owned by SC. I think they fell out after only a few months...

Potentspirit:
The one with the engraved bird and fish is Caithness   :)  :) [/b]

Anonymous:
Hi Barbara

A very politely meant suggestion if I may. When photographing glass such as this, or most things in fact, try to see how the background has a very detrimental effect on the overall picture. Particularly with your first photograph it is really quite intrusive all the detail from the background and really makes it much more difficult to both assess and enjoy the items that you post. You are by no means the only person guilty of this.
You could buy a sheet of plain mounting board for a couple of quid or simply drape a plain sheet etc over something to act as a backdrop. Give it a try and I'm sure you'll be delighted by the result.

Regards

Gareth

Morgan48

Bill G:
The two left Sardinia and went back to Murano where they were again working in glass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version