No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Neodymium revisited - a green/blue one! Murano/Czech?  (Read 6608 times)

Anonymous

Neodymium revisited - a green/blue one! Murano/Czech?
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 04:30:29 PM »
This is for David to admire:

http://tinypic.com/beedl0.jpg    :wink:

Classy eh?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 05:53:25 PM »
Hi David,
yes - the 'guest' was me writing from the office -  :?:  :?:  Obviously I can only log in from same IP address as profiled last week which is my home.

Well, just returned from my museum reading a bit in MOSER 1857 - 1997
IF your vase should in fact be Moser, it is designed by R. Eschler mid-Thirties.  In 1934 he designed the famous drinking set 'Bar'  and in 1936 a trinket set with square bases.
The latter is also pictured on cover of their 1946/48' catalogue (at that time 'Ceské Sklo formerly Moser')
Ceské Sklo have got registered Moser's coloured glass (Seltene Erden 'Neodym and Praseodym' colouring Beryl, Alexandrit, Royalit, Heliolit, Eldor and Carnelolit) again in 1945 and you can find Alexandrite vases also in their 1960's production.
Resulting from the great success of Eschler's design it is said to be produced still today.
Enjoy your vase - it is really a BEAUTY!
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 07:52:18 PM »
Pamela, many thanks for this! So the date could fit with Ceské Sklo production in the 1960s, but quite surprising it might date back to the 30s. Does raise more questions, given Ivo's earlier mail, but this digging around is all part of the fun! :wink:

Re. Eschler: interesting as I'm quite a fan of M.C.Escher, the Dutch artist/architect. :shock: I'll take a look at some of Eschler's work later and see if I can find some examples to compare.

Thanks all: most illuminating :idea: If/when I find anything I'll post it.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bubbles

• Members
    • http://www.glassbudvases.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 12:46:05 PM »
Hi David,
I just did a search for dichroic glass and re read this thread.  Did you ever find out about this vase?  I have just bought a lilac bud vase which changes to blue in fluorescent light.  It has a Murano label and thought you might be interested to see it.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-2563

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand