No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help identifying three retro pieces please.  (Read 8272 times)

Offline CathyG

• Members
Help identifying three retro pieces please.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 02:39:20 AM »
Hi Anne,

The vase is not Blenko, I agree with Peter it looks Italian. Ebony was made in 1999-2000 then again in 2004 and at present are stilling producing it.  

CathyG
Cathy G
www.glasslanding.com
A Source for Mid Century Art Glass
Lots of Blenko!

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 01:55:05 PM »
Many thanks Cathy :)  I'll quite happily settle for Italian :lol: and thanks Brywil.

Mat - Checked out the decodame link. 8)   Surprised to see the same item without the stopper described as a vase. However, looking at the top of the decanter, its quite easy to see how because of the shape.

Ann - about to roll my sleeves up and put on my marigolds!  Will let you know how it goes.  Just bought another strange shape decanter that has its sides pushed in on three sides, so I'll be sweating like a donkey on a treadmill this afternoon :wink:

Anne 8)
Anne E.B

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 02:21:38 PM »
Mat - Checked out the decodame link.  Surprised to see the same item without the stopper described as a vase. However, looking at the top of the decanter, its quite easy to see how because of the shape.
For ease of ref.
http://www.decodame.com/decorativearts/art_glass.htm
One would appear to have a sticker ...it would be interesting to see a close-up but would assume it says Italy.

Until recently I had taken "Made in Italy" stickers to mean not Murano but going by recent submissions to the Labels thread on the Murano board that would not necessarily appear to be the case, though am questioning that.
Pete

Offline jemimamoon

• Members
Italian decanter with stopper
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 11:07:28 PM »
I have the exact same one but in yellow.  Funny huh? yellow.  When I found it it was already made into a lamp.  You can see the pictures in the link below.  Also the other lamp included is glass reversed painted in black and gold.  Any hints or thoughts about that one??  I just wanted to share.

Jemmy

http://www.yourimagehost.com/pf.php?fid=2351

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 07:47:16 AM »
the white stopper is Empoli, too - but does not belong to the piece. :P

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 08:11:22 AM »
Even though the stopper doesn't look like it matches the piece, the Ebay stopper is identicle to Anne's stopper.  :?
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline mat

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 10:26:25 AM »
I own the same decanter in red, and the stopper is the same too.
at

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 04:25:45 PM »
Yep - it fits as-snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug :lol:
Thanks Matt for spotting it 8) .  I can't make out exactly what the label says, but its always good to see one with a label.

Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand