Author Topic: Signed..??... Guilio Radi AVEM style dove. ID = Alberto Mattiello "Geremia"  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
Re: Signed..??... Guilio Radi AVEM style dove. ID = Alberto Matiello "Geremia"
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 10:49:54 PM »
(...)
- Should it be Mattiello with two tt's ? I see on your site you have Stefano Matiello, while some other sites spell it Mattielo. It - also appears to have two tt's in the signature on my dove.

It is Mattiello, with double "T"; in the website I we wrote the name in a wrong way.

- What does the 'geremia' refer to? sorry if it's a stupid question but is it a place, nickname, glassworks??

Yes, it is nickname. As usual in Murano (Carlo Tosi is "Caramea", Davide Salvadore is "Trippa", Andrea Naccari is "Polmon", etc., etc...)

- I cant find any reference to Alberto via Google? Is it that he usually makes pieces under other trade names or does'nt usually sign his work? I
- would have expected the odd piece to show up if he has his own furnace and a long career...

Sometime they wrote the name, but not always. They are involved in pretty classic productions, with a good technique, but not with an "artistic" approach. And often the produce for other company who write their brand. Also "Geremia" is a good master, but not one of the "forever tops", as Carlo Tosi for goblets, Lino Tagliapietra for vessels, Seguso or Barbini.

- Any idea when it might have been made? I'm guessing fairly recently...

I think so. A friend of mine often ordered them and also I sold something similar made by them a pair of years ago.

Ciao
Alex
www.artofvenice.com

Offline Martyn K

• Members
Re: Signed..??... Guilio Radi AVEM style dove. ID = Alberto Mattiello "Geremia"
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 10:42:17 AM »
Many thanks...very much appreciated!

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words