- Should it be Mattiello with two tt's ? I see on your site you have Stefano Matiello, while some other sites spell it Mattielo. It - also appears to have two tt's in the signature on my dove.
It is Mattiello, with double "T"; in the website I we wrote the name in a wrong way.
- What does the 'geremia' refer to? sorry if it's a stupid question but is it a place, nickname, glassworks??
Yes, it is nickname. As usual in Murano (Carlo Tosi is "Caramea", Davide Salvadore is "Trippa", Andrea Naccari is "Polmon", etc., etc...)
- I cant find any reference to Alberto via Google? Is it that he usually makes pieces under other trade names or does'nt usually sign his work? I
- would have expected the odd piece to show up if he has his own furnace and a long career...
Sometime they wrote the name, but not always. They are involved in pretty classic productions, with a good technique, but not with an "artistic" approach. And often the produce for other company who write their brand. Also "Geremia" is a good master, but not one of the "forever tops", as Carlo Tosi for goblets, Lino Tagliapietra for vessels, Seguso or Barbini.
- Any idea when it might have been made? I'm guessing fairly recently...
I think so. A friend of mine often ordered them and also I sold something similar made by them a pair of years ago.