No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unusual corosso divided bowl...Venini?..Scarpa?  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Martyn K

• Members
Re: Unusual corosso divided bowl...Venini?..Scarpa?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 05:05:31 PM »
A bargain too Christine dont you think!?

I might start collecting these, attractive, well designed, good quality and cheap!

I still feel our yellow/green ones have a 30s-50s feel...but maybe I'm wrong? Marcus, Ivo, et al.....?

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 06:37:47 PM »
No I don't think so. I would describe these as fairly recent or "last quarter 20th century".

Offline Martyn K

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »
Dont know if you spotted this Della... http://www.glaskilian.de/Besandeter-Ascher-ZBS-Bohemia.687+B6YmFja1BJRD02ODcmTD0xJnByb2R1Y3RJRD01ODU5JnBpZF9wcm9kdWN0PTY4NyZkZXRhaWw9.0.html] .... it's basically the same as ours with a different finish, there's others on the site with the acid finnish like ours as well....but they seem to date everything circa 1965 so not confident about the dates.

Ivo, Thanks for the original ID of Della's and the 'last quarter 20C' definition, for some reason I was thinking last 10 years or so for 'fairly recent vintage'. I'm sure you know what your talking about and I like them whatever the vintage.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »

No, I didn't spot it, Martyn (thanks!) and it is normally one of the sites that I visit quite often. I now have 3 pieces from ZBS (that I am sure about). I actually quite like some of their stuff; substantial and very tactile  ;D ;D
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 08:42:11 PM »
I think the rolled in glass splinter are still in current production. I have these in pink, in neodymium and in citrine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand