No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scotland's Glass - Caithness update  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Scotland's Glass - Caithness update
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:39:45 PM »

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Scotland's Glass - Caithness update
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »
Reflections 2 is now available:

http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=22&Itemid=35

Note that it is not intended to be a facsimile, just information. There might be some minor corrections following reviews.

Enjoy, 30+ more to go  ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline cfosterk

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 05:51:38 PM »
What a great start - already a dozen or so weights not listed by Charlton in Reflections 1. This really is an invaluable resource.

I do think there should be some charge for these resources though, even if its a nominal annual subscription.

Just anxious to keep this great stuff coming!!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 07:03:01 PM »
Putting a charge for Scotland's Glass cannot happen because it is owned, as far as I am concerned, by the glass collecting community that made it possible by sharing their images and research. I do ask people to contribute to help me via a 10 euro subscription to the Glass Zoo, as in order to spend the time needed to load all of my sites I need an income  :) Paradoxically the Glass Zoo is also supported by the glass community. But, as just about every glassworks that ever existed made animal, friggers or products, at some point, starting out with the lowest practical subscription should be reasonable. My Glass-study is another way of contributing a bit more and getting access to a library of rarish glass books that would cost tens of thousands of euros to own.

I have just asked, in the cafe or on SG forums for others to start getting more directly involved. The software allows authorised users to add, edit or publish material. If 20 people added 1 brief article per year, about any aspect of glass in Scotland, the value of the site would soar. Eventually I will hand the reins over to younger blood, probably a single person supported by a committee... we will see, it's growth is organic already!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand