Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

Perthshire Paperweights: images WANTED

(1/2) > >>

Wuff:
I am trying to complement the "Complete Guide" (which stops in 1997, as we all know) with images from Perthshire catalogues until their closure. Unfortunately my 1998 and 1999 catalogues got lost somehow. I managed to find most weights manufactured during these 2 years online - but a few are missing:
PP 188 / 189 / 190 / 191 / 198 / 208
So - if anyone happens to have images of these weights - or the weights themselfes (to take a picture of) - I would very much appreciate them. For the sake of other forum members it might be interesteing to actually upload them to the forum (if you have copyright).

Alternatively (even better) - should you have either of the two catalogues, I would appreciate if you could send them to me for scanning. I promise to return them immediately.

For direct contact, send me an email to wolf at seelentags dot de.

Thanks and all my best wishes for the New Year - Wolf

Derek:
Hi Wolf

I have photocopies of the 88 and 89 Perthshire catalogues and the only weights from the list you posted that are shown in either years catalogue are PP188 and PP198.

I have scanned in the images but they are not brilliant - scans of scans ! If you need them, can you confirm your e-mail address as the one you have posted looks very short and the last email correspondence we had was to a swiss email address.

Best regards

Derek

Wuff:
Thank you for your offer, Derek!

Either address (the .de above or the .ch you've already got) are fine - the mail will end up on the same computer.

BTW - I expect PP 188...198 to be from 1998, and PP 208 from 1999.

Derek:
Hi Wolf

Both scans have been e-mailed to you - not brilliant but better than nothing! You are correct both the images I have found are in the 98 catalogue.

Regards

Derek

Frank:
Derek,

Can I have copies too please, I have several weight images from the period that I need to ID before putting on SG. A scan of a scan is probably not good enough to put on-line.

To address the design changes within a number I now add significant changes as separate records on SG so that it is easier to ID variants. e.g. PP63 http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=202&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=51

What was the highest PP number used?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version