No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Gambaro & Poggi Label  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Springhead

• Members
Gambaro & Poggi Label
« on: January 06, 2008, 06:56:32 PM »
Funny things happen.

This Nativity Set sold

link edited

as I was getting the pictures ready for this post... heh...

The buyer's gonna love it... I do.

Anyway... the point of the posting is that I had bought this perfume bottle a few years back and didn't really know who made it. The nativity set I got a few months ago makes the attribution almost certain. Same red foil label. Same glass technique millefiori canes covered with that sumptuous gold.

The pieces of the set are even acid etched Gambarro & Poggi on the bottoms.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Ganbaro & Poggi Label
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 11:03:47 PM »
Beautiful pieces....green with envy :mrgreen:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Ganbaro & Poggi Label
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 01:03:59 AM »
The current Gambaro & Poggi perfume bottles look less chunky than yours. See current range here:  http://www.gambaroepoggiglass.com/ita/pop_img.php?img=../img/prodotti/gamb25.jpg although I suppose yours could be an older style not shown on the site.

The nativity figures are still available here: http://www.gambaroepoggiglass.com/ita/pop_img.php?img=../img/prodotti/gamb26.jpg

You could, of course, email them directly and ask if the perfume is one of theirs: http://www.gambaroepoggiglass.com/ita/contatti.php
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Gambaro & Poggi Label
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 11:05:18 AM »
Hi...

I have a stupid question.  I was just going through posts on the GMB board,and reading them -- and was also trying to research (in Rubylane) a shape of a possible piece of Murano (?) glass I may get.  I did find a pix with a shape similar to the piece I was looking for, and then read the print. 

I zoomed in on the last pix there, and thought I had seen that signed name just recently since I was just on here.  So I came back to here to check, and now I am confused....

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/catisfaction/item/Mu-Av-Leaf

To me (as a silly newbie) does the name on this signature piece (the last photo of base), not look like that name GAMBAROE.....but yet it is attributed to Archimede Seguso there  :huh:

To me -- after reading the name GAMBAROE here on the GMB board tonite, then finding this also tonite....to me, the spelling letters sequence look like they spell GAMBAROE to me....and all I was doing was looking for a glass shape  :-\

So, since I do not know if GAMBAROE signed pieces......I ask your info on this.  I post this here since you discuss the name GAMBAROE, but about a label...

I am not here to bash anyone, just confused (as a newbie) as what I preceive to be the signed name on that piece, compared to what I had just (happened) read here tonite as to that same name.....?  How far out in left field am I?

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Springhead

• Members
Re: Gambaro & Poggi Label
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 02:44:09 PM »
The leaf dish as with millions other such items which were made for the tourist trade were not made by Archimede Seguso... or Fratelli Toso... or Gambaro Poggi etc....

Archimede Seguso etc... owned the factory where these were made. It could be said with almost 100% certainty that these items were NOT made by him personally.

The signature could be a worker from the shop of Archimede Seguso or another shop. The leaf has very good quality to it and it is not surprising the worker was proud of it and signed it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand