No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: William Manson update  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
William Manson update
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:37:20 PM »
William Manson page has been updated with contact details and a link to his son's eBay account. Email can be sent via eBay.
http://www.ysartglass.com/Otherglass/WilMansonGls.htm

The article is a little brief, if anyone wants to write a less brief but not huge potted history of William's Senior and Junior, this can be added to Scotland's Glass. If you would like to write and edit it online at Scotland's Glass, you need to register and ask for your profile to be upgraded to Author - this allows you to build your article in its final form and once complete I can publish it. Prior to publishing only you, editors and admin can see the article. I probably have some more data and possibly images that could be used.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: William Manson update
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:35:15 AM »
From John Simmonds' book, but with my comments in square brackets: 1979 to [sometime in] 1981 Willie Manson was not at Caithness Glass. He had a venture called William Manson Paperweights in Ayrshire. After rejoining [or working as a freelance at ???] Caithness Glass in 1981 he stayed until 1997 when William Manson Paperweights was reborn. The book has other relevant details, too, which are not in the SG page.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »
Kevin,

Would you like to write one for SG?  :D About time your name was in there  ;) 100 words is enough, 1000 would be great, 5,000 too much.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:53:04 PM »
Sorry, I have a habit these days of saying (or writing) the wrong thing when it comes to paperweights. So I've generally stopped doing so.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand