No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stromberg Sweden  (Read 4590 times)

Offline Madbrit

• Members
  • West German Pottery, & Scandinavian Glass
Stromberg Sweden
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »
I found this piece today, it has a partial label, which say Sweden and Stromberg in incised on the base along with H87, can anyone please thell me who designed it and when? Thanks in advance
Text and images © Kevin Graham

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Stromberg Sweden
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 02:43:01 PM »
In Ivo's book it says that 'H' is the code for an ashtray. Unfortunately it doesn't give a list of the date codes (the numbers following the 'H') for ashtrays.

The design looks very much by Gerda Strömberg to me, based on other pieces of hers I own - but that's just a guess.

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 06:14:51 AM »
In Ivo's book it says that 'H' is the code for an ashtray. Unfortunately it doesn't give a list of the date codes (the numbers following the 'H') for ashtrays.

Yup, that's what I've got too, from "Glas in Schweden 1915-1960" but I do have the date codes, I think
H: 1935-36, highest number =2
    1941                            =23
    1944                            =26
     1947                           =26
    1954                           = 44
    1962                            =91
This really doesn't help, does it? Or does it  ???

Some of you guys probably have this book, but I'll write the text anyway. If there are spelling mistakes, please excuse, I only have my German from when I was at school, many, many moons ago!

"Die seit 1933 in der hütte entstandenen Gläsersind in der regel nur mit modellnummer in Diamantris signeret. Gelegentlich ist in Screibschrift S:hyttan,S-hyttan Strömberg oder Strömbergshyttan hinzugefügt. Es sind auch einige Stücke ohne Modellnummer, aber mit Jahrezahl bekannt. Die Datierungen wurden vornehmlich in den ersten drei Jahren der Produktion (1933 - 1935)angebracht. DIe Modellnummer setzt sich aus einem Kennbuchstaben für den Gefäs- oder Artikeltyp und einer Zahl zusammen. Begonnen wurde jede Reihe mit nr.1 Die jeweils höchste Modellnummer der verschiedenen im Smålands museum Växjö archivierten Produktionskataloge ermöglicht als Terminus ante quem die annähernde Datiering der Entwürfe."

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 05:41:43 AM »
Hi. Asta Strömberg, 1960's, cigar holder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand